Don't Wait, We've Got You Covered
Termites cause an estimated $5 billion in damage to homes and commercial properties in the United States every year. Because termites can damage the structural integrity of your home, it is important to remove them as soon as possible. Sage Pest Control offers the most effective termite control in Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, and surrounding communities using the best and most effective treatment methods.
To Learn More About Termite Control, Visit:
- Types of Termites
- What Kind of Damage Can Termites Cause?
- How to Detect Termites in Your Home
- Termite Inspections
- Advanced Termite Extermination Methods
- Preventing & Treating Termite Infestations
If you suspect that you may have a termite problem, call (704) 413-3398 to schedule an appointment for a professional inspection and termite control in Charlotte, NC.
While there are more than 40 species of termites, there are actually three main types to look out for including Subterranean, Drywood, and Dampwood termites. Each one of these termites is drawn to wood, however the surrounding environment of the wood and the moisture level will affect which specific termite you may be dealing with.
What Attracts Termites?
- Subterranean termites come from the ground and prefer damp, moist, and decaying wood.
- Drywood termites typically make their home above ground in dry places like attics.
- Dampwood termites love their namesake and any decaying or damp wood found on the ground is their favorite place to nest.
What Kind of Damage Can Termites Cause?
Termites eat wood and may cause significant damage to your Charlotte home and most home owners insurance policies don't cover damages caused by termites.
Termites Have Been Known to Destroy:
- Wall studs
- Structural timbers
- Supports in the floors and ceiling
- Wood flooring
- Drywall paperboard
- Even furniture
Unfortunately, many people don’t learn they have a problem with termites until significant damage has been done
How to Detect Termites in Your Home
Termites live under the ground and behind the walls, so detecting them isn’t as easy as with other insects; however, finding them early is the best way to avoid serious structural damage to your Charlotte home.
Signs of Termite Infestation:
- Mud tubes around the foundation of your home
- Swarms of flying termites
- Piles of wings on windowsills
- Bubbling paint
- Quiet clicking sounds inside the walls
- Exterior wood damage
- Hollowed out wood
- Fallen and termite infested trees near your home
There are some signs that indicate a problem with termites, but the best way to ensure that your home is termite-free is to get in touch with us prior to or at the first sign of a problem. Schedule an inspection from the Charlotte termite control professionals at Sage Pest Control.
In addition to providing the most effective treatment, our technicians can advise you about ways to reduce the risk of termites on your property. Because termites look for moisture rich environments to breed and gain access to your home, you can take the following steps to make your home less attractive to termites.
How to Prevent Termites:
- Seal cracks in your foundation
- Keep up on repairs
- Ensure you don’t have excess moisture around the perimeter of your home
- Avoid storing firewood near your home
- Reconsider using mulch or wood chips in landscape beds (especially those that are close to the house)
Get in touch with our Charlotte termite control experts at the first sign of a problem. For more information about termites and how you can protect your home, yard, and family, contact us today. We offer a variety of pest control services that will save you both time and money.
Termite Inspections in Charlotte
Our highly trained termite exterminators have relentless attention to detail and provide thorough inspections for termites.
If We Find Evidence of an Infestation, Our Charlotte Termite Control Pros Will:
- Explain the extent of your termite problem
- Recommend the most effective extermination option to eliminate your termite problem
- Keep the termites from coming back
We offer customized termite control solutions for our customers throughout Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh. Our technicians receive ongoing weekly training to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality service and latest pest control solutions specific to termites.
Advanced Termite Extermination Methods
The technicians at Sage Pest Control use the most advanced termite extermination methods to provide effective termite control in Charlotte, NC. We offer the best pest control products on the market, including the new Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System. This is groundbreaking to the industry because it can completely forgo the trenching process.
Charlotte, NC 28206