Charlotte Cockroach Control
Getting Rid of Cockroaches Once and For All
Since cockroaches tend to hide and breed behind walls and in other secluded areas, finding and exterminating them can be challenging. They are also nocturnal, so there are usually about 200 roaches hidden for every one roach you see in your home.
Our qualified technicians begin by inspecting your home to determine the type of cockroaches that are causing your problem and then use the best and safest products to get rid of them. When you need a professional cockroach exterminator in Charlotte, you can depend on the pros at Sage Pest Control to handle the problem. With locations in Raleigh, Charlotte, and Greensboro, you can count on Sage no matter where you live!
Contact Sage Pest Control at (704) 413-3398 to get a FREE Charlotte cockroach control quote.
Pest Control for All Types of Cockroaches in Charlotte
A few different cockroach species are found in North Carolina. While many people think all roaches look the same, there are differences in the species and determining what species has infested your home is essential for effective pest control. We can send a Charlotte cockroach exterminator to inspect your home and determine what type of cockroach is causing your problem.
We Offer Pest Control For All Types of Cockroaches, Including:
- American cockroaches – The largest and most common type of cockroach in North Carolina with a reddish-brown color
- German cockroaches – A common source of infestation, tan or black in color, and up to ½” in length
- Brown-banded cockroaches – Generally found in warm and dry places, these roaches are dark with two light-colored bands and are about ½” in length
- Oriental cockroaches – Dark colored and up to 1 1/4” long and often found in dark, moist areas
5 Facts About Cockroaches You May Not Realize
When it comes to keeping your home safe from roaches, there are important facts you need to know. Roaches are fast, making it surprisingly hard to capture and remove them.
Here Is a List of Other Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know About Roaches:
- Cockroaches can live a week without their heads: I wish this were fiction, but it is true. A cockroach can breathe through the tiny holes in its body, which is why it can survive several days without its head. Cockroaches can hold their breath for a long time. They can go 30-40 minutes without oxygen, even when they’re underwater.
- Roaches eat everything: They can eat plants, human food, dead skin cells, garbage, and even feces. They can also go up to a month without eating anything at all.
- Cockroaches can make you sick: Unfortunately, this isn’t fiction either. Along with disease-causing bacteria, roaches track fecal and decaying matter across the food and other surfaces. They also produce proteins that can cause severe problems for people with asthma. People with allergies and asthma often find that their symptoms are aggravated by droppings, dead roaches, and the dust that occurs from shed skins. In addition, cockroaches can contaminate food and spread salmonella and other germs throughout your home, which poses a potential health risk.
- Roaches live almost everywhere: In fact, they live on every continent except the Antarctic. While some people think they only live in places that are dirty, cockroaches are attracted to food and water and will live anywhere that gives them access to it.
- Cockroaches are very hard to get rid of: How fast do cockroaches multiply? You might have heard the fictional myth that cockroaches can survive a nuclear explosion. The fact is, roaches can withstand 10 times more radiation than a human, but they will still not survive a nuclear blast. Roaches multiply rapidly. A newborn cockroach reaches adult maturity at just 36 days. Most types of cockroaches lay between 35-160 eggs at a time.
The professionals at Sage Pest Control have the specialty equipment and knowledge to quickly handle your cockroach problems for both residential and commercial. If you think you might have a roach infestation, contact our pest control company in Charlotte, Raleigh, or Greensboro by calling (704) 413-3398!
Things to Do to Keep Roaches Away
There are some steps you can take to keep roaches out of your home. Cockroaches enter homes in search of food, water, and shelter, so you can prevent them by denying access to these things.
How to Prevent Cockroaches
- Keep your food properly stored
- Clean up messes
- Rinse out your garbage cans
- Repair water leaks that may attract bugs
- Seal any holes or cracks to keep pests out
- Remove debris from your yard, as it can harbor cockroaches and other insects
These action items can help prevent roaches, but once they are in your Charlotte home, cockroach control is nearly impossible without professional help.
When to Call Professional Roach Exterminators in North Carolina
Because cockroaches are good at hiding and their eggs have natural protection from pesticides, specialized equipment, the right knowledge, and quality products are essential for eliminating them. Our Charlotte cockroach control experts use top-quality products to help you get rid of these pests and keep them out. Our regular pest control service can help protect your home from cockroach infestations all year long.
If you have noticed signs of a roach problem in your home or business, call (704) 413-3398 to schedule an appointment for cockroach control in Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Durham, or beyond.
We are committed to your satisfaction from the first call to a completed job. We guarantee a friendly, helpful, happy experience.
Weekly Training For Employees
We are a team of learners and innovators so we are always looking to grow and improve your family's comfort year-round.
We're committed to using the highest quality products and service because we know your home deserves the best.
Full Service Company
Our team is equipped and ready to treat your whole yard. Whatever pest control need you have, we are here to help!