Is there anything worse than the thought that something is biting and feeding off of your body while you sleep? Well, unfortunately, this is exactly what bed bugs do. Just as their name says, these insects hide in our beds and other places where we sleep. To get rid of these pests, you have to know if you have them.
Here are 6 signs that your mattress has bed bugs:
- Bed Bugs: Of course, the most obvious way to tell if you have bed bugs is to find one. In order to do that you have to know what you are looking for. Bed bugs are small, flat, and oval-shaped. Bed bugs are wingless with reddish-brown bodies. These bugs are nocturnal, so they are easier to find at night. Common hiding places for them would be mattresses, bed frames, pillows, and carpeting around beds.
- Rusty Colored Stains: Bed bugs also leave other signs of their presence. Rusty colored stains on bed sheets or mattresses could be caused by bed bugs that have been squished.
- Eggs: One really unpleasant evidence of bed bugs is their eggs. Bedbug eggs and eggshells are very small, only about 1 mm. These pests will also leave behind clear, yellowish exoskeletons as they grow larger.
- Droppings: Another unpleasant sign of bed bugs is their excrement, which resembles a tiny dark ink spot.
- Blood Stains: Small red smears on bed sheets and pajamas are a sign that bed bugs have been biting you.
- Bites: While this one might seem like the most obvious, it can be hard to identify bed bug bites because of their similarity to other insect bites. Bed bug bites are extremely itchy and will look like a swollen red dot.
For more information on bed bugs or if you suspect you have bed bugs and you want to rid your home of these pests, call Sage Pest Control today - (704) 413-3398!