Termite Control in Raleigh, NC
Call Sage Pest Control for Year-Round Protection
Did you know that termites cause approximately $5 billion a year in property damage? That’s right—BILLION, with a B. The threat termites pose to the structural integrity of both homes and businesses is unparalleled, which is why termite infestations should always be dealt with ASAP.
At Sage Pest Control, we offer termite control in Raleigh backed by over a decade of experience. Our services are fast, safe, and efficient—our goal is to keep termites away from your commercial or residential property for good. We go out of our way to make sure our work is environmentally friendly, and always use industry-leading products that have been registered with the EPA. Plus with free estimates and technicians who are trained to be helpful and friendly, you can count on Sage to make your termite control experience as easy as possible.
Call (704) 445-5305 now to request professional termite inspection and treatment in Raleigh, NC.
What Will Attract Termites to My Raleigh Property?
When we talk about termite infestations, it’s important to clarify that not all termites are the same. In fact, there are at least 45 different species of termites on the planet, although there are three specifically which you should watch out for in North America. It is important to know how to tell these insects apart, as different types of termites cause different types of damage, and in turn, require different responses.
The three main types of termites to watch out for are:
- Subterranean Termites: Subterranean termites, as their name suggests, invade your property from the ground. These particular types of termites prefer damp, moist, and decaying wood, so you will especially want to watch out for them if your home has experienced any kind of flooding or other water damage recently.
- Drywood Termites: Drywood termites most commonly make their nest above ground. Again, per their name, they like to hide in dry places. In your house, you are most likely to find them in secluded areas with exposed wood, such as attics.
- Dampwood Termites: Yet another species that is true to its name, drywood termites, like subterranean termites, are attracted to damp and decaying wood. The difference between this species and subterranean termites, however, is that they usually enter your home through infested lumber, rather than through your soil (one easy way to avoid a dampwood termite infestation—never bring damp firewood into you home.) You may also notice winged termites, known as “swarmers,” fluttering around your lights if you are on the verge of a dampwood termite infestation.
Top Signs You’ve Got a Termite Problem in Your Raleigh Home
As we already discussed above, termites can enter and nest in various places throughout your house. Under the ground, in your attic, behind your walls; once termites have entered your property, they will happily start gnawing away wherever they can find an available food source. However, there are several telltale signs of a termite infestation, which may tip you off to a problem before things get out of control. Just make sure to stay on the lookout, and if you do notice signs of a termite infestation on your property, call Sage Pest Control immediately.
Contact our Raleigh termite control team if:
- You have noticed termite tunnels, or “mud tubes,” around the foundation of your home
- You have seen swarms of flying termites around your property
- Your paint is bubbling
- Your exterior wood is visibly damaged.
- The wood inside your house sounds empty or hallowed out
- There are piles of insect wings on your windowsills
- There is a quiet clicking sound coming from your walls
- There are fallen and termite-infested trees near your home or business
Terminate Termites Today—with Sage Pest Control!
Contact our Raleigh termite control company today, and you may be able to take advantage of available coupons and specials. Our experts are known across the area for delivering complete satisfaction to homes and businesses and providing year-round protection and long-lasting solutions. We offer the best termite extermination products on the market, including the new Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System, which allows us to eliminate termite infestations without an involved and disruptive trenching process. And with after-hours service for emergencies and availability on Saturdays, too, Sage Pest Control is the company you can count on when you need help taking care of termites right away.