Greensboro Bed Bug Control
Here to Put Your Bed Bugs to Rest!
At Sage Pest Control, we understand how overwhelming a bed bug infestation is, which is why we are here to ease the burden. From start to finish, you can count on us to deliver the most reliable bed bug management solutions. Using high-quality products and state-of-the-art equipment, we are able to effectively eliminate bed bugs from even the smallest nooks and crannies so you can feel comfortable in your home once again. Our highly trained pest control technicians are fully qualified and prepared to take on any infestation, no matter how severe. Turn to us for bed bug control in Greensboro and rest easy knowing we will get the job done right the first time around.
How Can I Tell If I Have Bed Bugs?
Unfortunately, bed bugs can be hard to find, which makes becoming familiar with the signs of an infestation very important. Many people are also not aware of what bed bugs look like. Bed bugs are small parasitic insects that are about the size and shape of an apple seed. Before they feed, they are flat and brown, but after feeding, they become rounder and take on a reddish-brown color. They can be found in the seams of a mattress, behind a headboard, in light fixtures, behind peeling wallpaper or paint, behind frames, and in between carpets and walls.
Aside from Actual Bed Bug Sightings, Signs of an Infestation Include:
- Bed bug skins
- Dark fecal spots on your mattress
- Blood stains on your sheets or pajamas
- A musty odor in your home
- Red, itchy bites on your body
- Pearl white, oval-shaped eggs
If you suspect you have an infestation, reach out to our Greensboro bed bug control experts right away to schedule an inspection.
Symptoms of Bed Bug Bites
While no one likes the idea of having bugs in their bed, you are not in any immediate danger. Bed bugs bite, but they are not known to carry and transmit diseases. Most people who are bitten by bed bugs experience mild irritation, but it is also possible to experience no side effects at all. These bites can occur anywhere on your body, but are most often found on the neck, face, shoulders, arms, hands, and legs. They also often are arranged in clusters or lines.
Common Bed Bug Bite Symptoms Include:
- Red, itchy bumps
- Burning, painful sensation
These less severe symptoms can be treated with anti-itch creams and over-the-counter hydrocortisone. However, if you are experiencing more severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, blisters, fever, nausea, swollen tongue, or irregular heartbeat, you should seek medical attention right away. These symptoms are an indication of an allergic reaction.
How to Avoid Bringing Bed Bugs Home After Traveling
Most bed bug infestations are caused by people bringing bed bugs home after traveling. These insects can easily hitch a ride clothing, backpacks, suitcases, and purses, which makes it very easy to accidentally bring them home with you after being in an infested space such as a hotel. If you’ve got an upcoming trip, our Greensboro bed bug control pros recommend taking some precautionary steps to prevent a bed bug infestation in your home.
To Avoid Getting Bed Bugs While Traveling, You Should:
- Choose your hotel wisely: Be sure to do plenty of research on a hotel before booking a room. An establishment with bad reviews is likely not the best place to stay.
- Check your bed carefully: When you first walk into to your room, leave your luggage by the door and carefully examine the bed using the flashlight on your smartphone. Lift the sheets and carefully check the seams of the mattress.
- Keep your luggage safe: Your luggage should always be kept away from carpeting and the bed. Either keep your suitcase on tile flooring or use a luggage rack.
- Wash your clothes: When you come home from your trip, be sure to go straight to the washing machine and wash all of your clothes with hot water.
- Store your suitcase: Because bed bugs can latch on to a suitcase, our Greensboro pest control experts recommend avoiding storing yours in your room. Instead, store it in your basement or garage.
Why Choose Our Team for Your Bed Bug Control Needs?
No matter the extent of your bed bug problem in Greensboro or the surrounding areas, Sage Pest Control can handle it. Our highly trained and experienced pest management team is here to locate the source of the problem and implement the most effective solution possible. Your comfort and safety are our top priorities, which is why you can count on us to complete your bed bug treatment with the utmost care and attention to detail.
We are committed to your satisfaction from the first call to a completed job. We guarantee a friendly, helpful, happy experience.
Weekly Training For Employees
We are a team of learners and innovators so we are always looking to grow and improve your family's comfort year-round.
We're committed to using the highest quality products and service because we know your home deserves the best.
Full Service Company
Our team is equipped and ready to treat your whole yard. Whatever pest control need you have, we are here to help!